IRCTC Vikalp Scheme: Indian Railways is an important part of the lives of common people. Every day crores of passengers travel by train. Due to heavy rush in the train, many times passengers are not able to get confirmed tickets. In such a situation, in the event of emergency, the problems of the people increase manifold. To overcome such problems, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has come up with Vikalp option. This is a way through which the chances of getting a confirmed ticket (How to Get Confirm Ticket in Train) increases. Let us know what it is and what benefits common travelers can get from it…
What is the Vikalp scheme of IRCTC?
Under Vikalp Scheme (IRCTC Vikalp Scheme), passengers can also opt for another train to get confirmed tickets while booking train tickets. By doing this, the chances of getting a confirmed ticket increases. This scheme is also called the Alternate Train Accommodation Scheme (ATAS) of the Railways. Under this scheme, if you are not getting a confirmed ticket in that train and the seat is vacant in another train, then you will get a confirmed ticket in that train. Through this scheme, people are more likely to get confirmed tickets during summer holidays, festive season, etc. But keep in mind that choosing the alternative option does not mean that you will always get a confirmed ticket.
How to choose option option?
- If you also want to use this option to get confirmed ticket, then you can choose this option while booking through IRCTC website.
- If there is no seat available in the train you want to book and you are getting a waiting ticket, then you can choose this option.
- In this you will see VIKALP option, select it.
- Next you will see the option of other trains.
- In this you can choose a total of 7 trains.
- If you are not seeing this option during booking, then you can also choose this option by going to the booked ticket history.
- Then the railway will try to find confirmed tickets for you in other trains as well.
read this also-
Akshaya Tritiya 2023: Keep these things in mind while buying gold on the special occasion of Akshaya Tritiya, you will not be a victim of fraud