US Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo Profile: US Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo recalled her meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi while addressing an event at the Indian Embassy in the US on Saturday (April 15). During this, Raimondo praised PM Modi fiercely. He described PM Modi as the most popular world leader, incredible and visionary.
Please inform that Gina Raimondo had come to India last month (on March 10). On March 11, he met PM Modi. During his visit to India, he also played Holi, whose pictures and videos went viral. Raimondo is in discussion after praising PM Modi fiercely.
Profile of Gina Raimondo
- 51-year-old Gina Raimondo is a member of the Democratic Party of America. He is a lawyer and venture capitalist. From 2021, he is the US Commerce Minister. Earlier, from 2015 to 2021, she served as the 75th governor of Rhode Island, becoming the first woman to hold that role.
- Born and raised in Rhode Island, Raimondo earned a Bachelor of Arts from Harvard University, an MA from New College, Oxford, and a DPhil in Law from Yale University. After graduating in Law, he started a career in Venture Capital.
- In 2000, Rhode Island’s first venture capital firm, Point Judith Capital, was founded, with Raimondo serving as co-founder.
- He entered politics when he was elected the 30th General Treasurer (Treasurer) of Rhode Island. She was on this post from 4 January 2011 to 6 January 2015. During his first year in office, Raimondo made reforming Rhode Island’s public employee pension system a priority.
- Raimondo was elected the 75th governor of Rhode Island in 2014 with 41 percent of the vote. As Governor, he served in the office from 6 January 2015 to 2 March 2021. After this, from March 3, 2021, she has been working as the American Commerce Minister.
- Raimondo was entrusted with an important responsibility during the Corona period. Raimondo served as co-chair of Michael Bloomberg’s presidential campaign in the 2020 presidential election. Michael Bloomberg has been a former mayor of New York.
- Gina Raimondo and her husband Andrew Moffitt are parents to two children. A major American newspaper, The Washington Post, described Raimondo as a liberal technocrat. He is known as a centrist within his party. In 2021, he played a leading role in negotiations for America’s Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.
- According to the information available on Gina Raimondo’s Twitter bio, she is the 40th Commerce Secretary of America. It states that he is committed to helping American workers and businesses, creating good-paying jobs, and powering a more equitable economy for all. She has more than 52 thousand followers on Twitter and remains very active on this platform. She regularly posts about the achievements of the US government and her meetings.
What did Gina Raimondo say in praise of PM Modi?
Praising Prime Minister Modi at the Indian Embassy in Washington, Raimondo said, “I had an incredible opportunity to spend more than one and a half hours with Prime Minister Modi. I need not tell anyone here that he is the most popular world leader for a reason. He is incredible, visionary and his level of commitment to the people of India is simply indescribable, sincere, passionate, genuine and authentic. His desire to lift people out of poverty and propel India forward as a global power is real and it is happening.
“He is the most popular wrld leader fr a reason; he is a visionary; & his level of commitment to ppl of🇮🇳is indescribable..his desire to lift ppl out of poverty & move🇮🇳 fwd as a global power is real; & it’s happening”@SecRaimondoon PM@narendramodi pic.twitter.com/SK2oIHpYIK
— Taranjit Singh Sandhu (@SandhuTaranjitS) April 16, 2023
He said that PM Modi is a technical person and has a deep understanding of details. Therefore, on Friday night at 7.30 pm, there was talk with him about the details of Radio Access Network and Artificial Intelligence at his house. It was amazing. Raimondo told that he told PM Modi that America and India need to lead the world together in the technology ecosystem. On this the PM said, “By the way, Minister, AI is not Artificial Intelligence. AI stands for US-India Technology Ecosystem. As soon as Raimondo said this, there was thunderous applause.
Also read- The names of these Indians in the world’s 100 most influential personalities, from SS Rajamouli to SRK, who are in TIME’s list? Learn