Karnataka Election Result 2023: The Congress has ousted the BJP from power by registering a resounding victory in the Karnataka assembly elections, but difficulties have arisen in front of the party regarding the post of CM. On Monday (May 15) too, there was a churning about the name of the Chief Minister. Siddaramaiah and DK Shivakumar also gave statements, but no solution was found.
Meanwhile Congress sources told ABP News that Siddaramaiah has the support of twice as many MLAs than Shivakumar and only Siddaramaiah can become the CM again. Shivkumar can be made deputy CM. Along with this, he will have the command of the state Congress. However, the party will first talk to Shivakumar and then make a final announcement.
1. Congress observers on Monday submitted their report on the opinion of the MLAs on the chief ministerial candidate to party president Mallikarjun Kharge. According to sources, Kharge will hold discussions with UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi to arrive at a final decision. After this, the name of the next Chief Minister of Karnataka will be announced on Tuesday (May 16).
2. Congress President Kharge had appointed senior leaders Sushilkumar Shinde, Jitendra Singh and Deepak Babaria as observers to elect the leader of the Congress Legislature Party (CLP) in Karnataka. The three supervisors had to talk to the newly elected MLAs of the party separately on Sunday to know their opinion. Secret voting has also been done to know the opinion of the MLAs. These three observers reached Kharge’s residence on Monday evening.
3. Meanwhile, former Chief Minister Siddaramaiah reached Delhi during the day and is also likely to meet Kharge. Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee President DK Shivakumar was also scheduled to visit Delhi on Monday, but he canceled his proposed trip citing stomach infection. On the announcement of the name of the next Chief Minister, Congress leader Siddaramaiah said that let’s wait and see, I don’t know.
4. DK Shivakumar told a press conference in Bengaluru that the party high command had called him to Delhi along with Siddaramaiah. I have stomach infection and could not travel to Delhi today. I will try to go to Delhi tomorrow. I don’t have any MLA. I have left the decision to the party high command. Shivakumar’s brother DK Suresh reached the residence of Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge in Delhi on Monday.
5. DK Shivakumar also celebrated his 62nd birthday on Monday. He said that the party’s landslide victory in the assembly elections held on May 10 was the best gift given to him by the people on his birthday. My life is dedicated to the service of the people of Karnataka.
6. Shivakumar said that we have passed a one-line resolution, in which it has been said that we will leave this issue to the party high command. I cannot speak about the strength of numbers with others, but 135 MLAs is my strength.
7. He said that I am the (state) president of the party and under my chairmanship the party won 135 seats in Karnataka against the double engine (BJP) government, the corrupt government. People supported us and made us victorious on 135 seats.
8. DK Shivakumar said that the Congress’s election campaign and solidarity in Karnataka is being appreciated across the country. Had there been more support from the local level, we could have done better elsewhere and increased the number of seats. However, we are still happy.
9. Regarding the name of the next Chief Minister of Karnataka, Congress leader HK Patil said that in my opinion the name of the next Chief Minister of Karnataka will be decided by tomorrow evening. Our process is still on. Meanwhile, Congress leader Subodhkant Sahai had reached a hotel in Delhi to meet Siddaramaiah.
10. The Congress has registered a resounding victory on 135 seats in the elections held for the 224-member Karnataka Assembly. Whereas, BJP has won 66 seats and JDS has won 19 seats. The election results were released on 13 May. Since then there is a tussle in the Congress for the post of CM.
read this also-
Karnataka Government Formation: ‘All the best…’, why did Shivakumar wish Siddaramaiah amid the ongoing tussle over the post of CM?