Sectors like tourism and hotels were the most affected during the Corona epidemic. Now after the epidemic cases are almost over, both these sectors are improving rapidly. A recent report by Airbnb states that now Indian tourists are going to travel abroad on a large scale. The report also revealed that US, UK and Europe are the most preferred destinations for Indian tourists.
International bookings on the rise
According to Airbnb, the first quarter of 2022 International booking of Indian passengers has doubled this year as compared to 2015. During January to March 2023, a large number of Indian tourists made bookings for international travel. According to the report, UK, US and various European countries have emerged as the most popular destinations among Indian travelers going abroad.
Demonstrative growth domestically too
Not so That only foreign trips of Indian tourists are increasing. Indian tourists want to enjoy traveling to various places within the country. They are looking for options to spend holidays in special places and mountains of different cities. Goa is at the top in terms of booking. It is followed by Bangalore, Pune, Delhi and Kullu. There has been a 110 percent increase in such bookings during the first quarter of this year as compared to a year ago. The attraction of visiting India is also increasing. According to the report of Airbnb, there is a growing enthusiasm among international travelers to come to India. They want to be a part of the rich culture and heritage of India. Most of the airbnb guests coming to India were from America. It was followed by the UK, Germany, Australia and Canada.
Amanpreet Singh Bajaj, General Manager (India, South East Asia, Hong Kong and Taiwan), Airbnb, said, "The enthusiasm we are seeing for travel creates a tremendous opportunity to make fruitful connections. This shows the growing confidence among Indian travelers to explore new places and create memories."
An AirBnB report highlights…
- In 2023, people are more interested in moving to less popular destinations. >
- The number of people traveling alone is increasing. The number of people traveling alone in India has nearly doubled.
- Family travel on Airbnb remains most popular among Indians, up 110% year-on-year
- Responsible tourism in India has also seen a significant growth, as a large number of travelers are preferring such travel, which leads to community-based tourism. Responsible practices such as tourism, eco-friendly tourism and cultural tourism should be encouraged.
- The demand for off-the-beaten-path unique places to stay is on the rise. For example, travelers want to stay in places like treehouses, houseboats and farm stays.
- Domestically, Puri, Chennai, Goa, Dehradun, Mumbai, Kochi, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Munnar and Nainital are most preferred.
- Internationally Bali, Lucerne, Vienna, Paris, Lisbon, Split, Rome, Prague, Singapore and Bangkok are growing in attraction.